Release notes for version 20.10#
Tower 20.10.x introduces support for:
- Add Workflow sharing feature
- Add support for Slurm batch cluster
- Add support for IBM LSF batch cluster
- Add customizable navbar menu
- Add built-in support for MariaDB
- Add built-in support for Google SSO
- Add auth allow-list emails
- Update Java mail 1.6.2
- System security improvements
Updating Tower deployment from version 20.08.x to 20.10.x#
It is now required to define the Compute environments that are to be available to users in the Tower configuration.
The following ids options are available:
awsbatch-platform: AWS Batch cloud compute service
gls-platform: Google LifeSciences cloud compute service
lsf-platform: IBM LSF batch scheduler
slurm-platform: Slurm batch scheduler
Choose one or more of these platform ids and append to your current
variable, separating them via a comma.
This Tower version requires a database schema update. Follow these steps to update your DB instance and the Tower installation.
Kubernetes based deployment#
1. Update the Tower container images in the Kubernetes manifest yaml files to:
Refer to the manifests included in the Kubernetes section for details.
2. Update the Tower cron service using the following:
This task will automatically run the Tower database schema update tool.
3. Update the Tower backend and frontend services using the following command:
Custom deployment script#
1. Pull or update the Tower container images references in your deployment script(s) to:
2. Update the Tower database schema by running the
/migrate-db.sh provided in the
Make sure to include the identical environment as used in the normal backend execution.
3. Once the schema update completes, deploy Tower according to the usual procedure.