Release notes for version 20.06#
Tower 20.06.0 introduces the support for:
- Pipelines launch
- Execution cancellation
- Git private repositories
- User credentials management
- UI looks & feel improvements
- System security improvements
- OAuth login improvements
- Improve DB connection pool
- Upgrade Micronaut runtime to 1.3.3
Updating Tower deployment from version 20.05.x to 20.06.x#
This Tower version requires a database schema update. Follow this steps to update your DB instance and the Tower installation.
Kubernetes based deployment#
1. Update the Tower container images in your Kubernetes manifest yaml files to:
Please refer to the manifests included in the Kubernetes section for details.
2. Set a proper value for the
TOWER_CRYPTO_SECRETKEY environment variable in the
configmap.yml and deploy it using the command:
3. Update the Tower cron service using the following:
This task will automatically run the Tower database schema update tool.
4. Update the Tower backend and frontend services using the following command:
Custom deployment script#
1. Pull or update the Tower container images references in your deployment script(s) to:
2. Make sure to add the following new variable in the backend container environment:
TOWER_CRYPTO_SECRETKEY: See the configuration section for details.
3. Update the Tower database schema running the
/migrate-db.sh provided in the
Make sure to include the identical environment as for the normal backend execution.
4. Once the schema update completes, deploy Tower as usual procedure.