Release notes for version 20.08#
Tower 20.08.0 introduces the support for:
- Pipelines Actions
- Forge for AWS Batch
- Execution and task logs view & download
- Advanced config options for AWS Batch
- GA4GH WES API (beta)
- UI looks & feel improvements
- System security improvements
- Upgrade Micronaut runtime to 1.3.7
Updating Tower deployment from version 20.06.x to 20.08.x#
This Tower version requires a database schema update. Follow this steps to update your DB instance and the Tower installation.
Kubernetes based deployment#
1. Update the Tower container images in your Kubernetes manifest yaml files to:
Please refer the manifests included in the Kubernetes section for details.
2. Update the Tower cron service using the following:
This task will automatically run the Tower database schema update tool.
3. Update the Tower backend and frontend services using the following command:
Custom deployment script#
1. Pull or update the Tower container images references in your deployment script(s) to:
2. Update the Tower database schema running the
/migrate-db.sh provided in the
Make sure to include the identical environment as for the normal backend execution.
3. Once the schema update completes, deploy Tower as usual procedure.