Release notes for version 20.06#
Tower 20.06.0 introduces the support for:
- Pipelines launch
- Execution cancellation
- Git private repositories
- User credentials management
- UI looks & feel improvements
- System security improvements
- OAuth login improvements
- Improve DB connection pool
- Upgrade Micronaut runtime to 1.3.3
Updating Tower deployment from version 20.05.x to 20.06.x#
This Tower version requires a database schema update. Follow this steps to update your DB instance and the Tower installation.
Kubernetes based deployment#
1. Update the Tower container images in your Kubernetes manifest yaml files to:
Please refer to the manifests included in the Kubernetes section for details.
2. Set a proper value for the
TOWER_CRYPTO_SECRETKEY environment variable in the
configmap.yml and deploy it using the command:
3. Update the Tower cron service using the following:
This task will automatically run the Tower database schema update tool.
4. Update the Tower backend and frontend services using the following command:
Custom deployment script#
1. Pull or update the Tower container images references in your deployment script(s) to:
2. Make sure to add the following new variable in the backend container environment:
TOWER_CRYPTO_SECRETKEY: See the configuration section for details.
3. Update the Tower database schema running the
/migrate-db.sh provided in the
Make sure to include the identical environment as for the normal backend execution.
4. Once the schema update completes, deploy Tower as usual procedure.
Contact us at email@example.com.