Release notes for version 20.08#
Tower 20.08.0 introduces the support for:
- Pipelines Actions
- Forge for AWS Batch
- Execution and task logs view & download
- Advanced config options for AWS Batch
- GA4GH WES API (beta)
- UI looks & feel improvements
- System security improvements
- Upgrade Micronaut runtime to 1.3.7
Updating Tower deployment from version 20.06.x to 20.08.x#
This Tower version requires a database schema update. Follow this steps to update your DB instance and the Tower installation.
Kubernetes based deployment#
1. Update the Tower container images in your Kubernetes manifest yaml files to:
Please refer the manifests included in the Kubernetes section for details.
2. Update the Tower cron service using the following:
This task will automatically run the Tower database schema update tool.
3. Update the Tower backend and frontend services using the following command:
Custom deployment script#
1. Pull or update the Tower container images references in your deployment script(s) to:
2. Update the Tower database schema running the
/migrate-db.sh provided in the
Make sure to include the identical environment as for the normal backend execution.
3. Once the schema update completes, deploy Tower as usual procedure.
Contact us at email@example.com.